Technical characteristics of the technology :
The squashes are directly ground by the machine developed at an estimated flow rate of between and 10 m 3 of squash per hour. This grinding releases the seeds without destroying them. These seeds are then collected and stored in tanks where in contact with the open air, the still remaining pulp of the squash ferments and detaches from the seeds within 24 hours.
After this time, the seeds are rinsed with less water and then dried.
- Engine: petrol
- Power: 5.5 kW
- Grinding capacity per hour: estimate between 7 and 10m 3 of squash per hour
- Weight: 91.15 kg
Economic characteristics of the technology
- Acquisition cost :
- Economic profitability :
- Comparative advantage :
- The work / time ratio is very high
- No seed losses
- Less water used for washing
- Possibility of obtaining the dried seeds after 4 to 5 days
- ease of work
- Good quality of the harvest .
The advantage of this machine is to reduce the arduousness of the post-harvest treatment of squash. It increases yields by saving processing time, creating direct and indirect jobs for producers.
Limits of the technology :