Problem that technology is supposed to solve :
This technology allows the valorization of local products.
Technical characteristics of the technology :
Wangashi is made in North Benin, generally by Peuhl women. It is characterized by a solid, insoluble appearance and a red or white crust, depending on preference. It results from the transformation of curdled milk. It can be eaten fresh or fried. It is often used in sauces. Its preparation passes by three great stages:
- Pasteurization (heating the milk over a low heat)
- Coagulation (using the soda leaf: Calotropis procera)
- The draining (molding of the curdled milk)
Economic characteristics of the technology
- Acquisition cost :
The technology transfer can be worth up to 2,500,000 CFA francs.
The purchase price varies between 500 and 1,500 fcfa depending on market trends.
- Economic profitability :
- Comparative advantage :
- Less expensive than imported cheese.
- Has an exceptional flavor.
- Can be kept for several days before consumption.
Limits of the technology :