Problem that technology is supposed to solve :
Reduction in mortality rate of Family poultry (FP) in beneficiary communities.
Revenue increase by 58%
Mass production in the sub region (108 million doses produced); Significantly reduce the use of foreign exchange to import poultry vaccines
Job creation for over 80,000 beneficiaries and community poultry vaccinators.
. increase Income generation along the value chain (Hatching, sale of live birds and eggs, processing of Guinea fowl)
. sustainable income for the vulnerable in the community (women and children)
. assured family food and nutritional security (consumption of meat and eggs) ;- poverty reduction and the mitigation of rural urban migration
Performance Characteristics and Scope:
• Control new castle disease in family poultry
• Easy to administer via the eye drop route. About 48.0% of an estimated family poultry population of over 19 million birds covered in Ghana
• NDI-2 vaccine is avirulent but can stimulate immune response in healthy birds of any age
• Poultry vaccinated with NDI-2 via the eye-drop route survived.
• it is not possible to give an overdose
• it is completely innocuous to both bird and handler.
• It has no evidence of clinical respiratory signs, weight loss, mortality in young chickens or egg production drop after vaccination.
• Stores for a long time under cold facilities. Stays effective for 2 months after leaving cold storage
|Contact the Research Center :