Problem that technology is supposed to solve :
traditional technology cooks six times less ablo. And the fire causes problems of heat and burns.
Technical characteristics of the technology :
- Capacity: cooking 270 to 300 ablo pellets (about 45 g each) per treatment
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Amount of water for steaming: 7 liters
- Quantity of wood: 8 to 10 kg
Field of application
- Post-harvesting of corn
- Materials of construction: ordinary steel and stainless steel;
- Number of operators: 2 persons.
Economic characteristics of the technology
- Acquisition cost :
The indicative cost of the equipment is 500.000 FCFA with an amortization period of at least ten (10) years.
- Economic profitability :
- Comparative advantage :
Large production capacity per session (300 pellets); Saving of time and speed of service of the customers; Amortization period of at least ten (10) years against three (03) years for the traditional cooker.
Limits of the technology :